Living My Life Like It's Golden


Thursday, May 22, 2008

Week One: Let the good times roll!

Two new activities a week? That's a cinch - but not when there's only 3 day in that week. May 1st came on Thursday and I had 72 hours to get it together. Being me, I waited until the final 6 hours and decided to do both activities. Rocco needed to get out so to spice things up I drove to a neighboring area and took a walk. It was interesting for both of us; he was able to sniff new dirt and mark foreign territory and I was able to look at the landscape of yards and familiarize myself with another part of my area. We stayed out for an hour (which is longer than our usual walks), I imagine it was because we weren't strolling the same trek we always do. On the way home I decided to patronize Lou's Burgers. I have driven past this local legend for almost 15 years and never bothered to stop because it is old and decrepit. Its one of those spots where you walk up to the window to order. The place has been around for generations and old timers swear by it. I didnt have enough cash on me for a burger so I had to settle for a milkshake - fantastic! I ordered the vanilla and it was the kind that you had when you were a kid - not the mix stuff you get at fast food restaurants today. I'll definitley visit this summer when the weather hits the century mark. Who knows- I might order a burger and the carmel shake.

Living Life

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok Lisa. I'm finally getting around to catching on your blog.. u got me going thinking about a carmel shake from Lou's , lol